Monday, October 13, 2008

I was asked if I'm going to blog about the Kings this season...

and the answer is "Yes" --- but today is probably not the day to start. I'm reeling from lack of sleep, reeling from financial insecurity, reeling from having the pilot light on my home's heater being out and The Gas Company scheduling me for Friday, reeling from a mouse that's been eating its way through my house, causing me to wake up every hour or so... which brings me back to the lack of sleep part... and, of course, very upset at the news out of Russia that 19 year old Rangers prospect Alexei Cherepanov has died.

People die. I'll be there at some point, like my mom, my dad, so many of my friends in the 80s and 90s... but a 19 year old kid, playing hockey? Seems so random. I'm not a believer in "Punishing God" vs. "Rewarding God," but I have a hard time trying to figure out the "reason" someone is here one minute and gone the next.

So, "Yes" --- the Kings, but "No" --- not today.

No comments: