Monday, March 3, 2008

I actually found the box score from my first live NHL game!


...and I was correct about Red Berenson.



http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=337

After playing most of the two previous seasons with the Canadiens, Red found himself back in the American League for much of the 64-65 season, and when he was recalled for the March 14, 1965 game vs. the Rangers, he scored his lone regular season goal of the season (and added his two assists as well.) So, I witnessed all three of Red Berenson's 1964-65 regular season points at my first NHL game.

Red became a Ranger a couple of seasons later, and went on to have a successful "post-expansion" career in the NHL with big seasons for St. Louis and Detroit during a lengthy career. Later, of course, Berenson became a hugely successful coach at the college level, and was the last amateur coach for current King, and former Michigan sniper, Michael Cammalleri.

No comments: